Thursday 7 May 2009

Project 'Real G' - this thing is huge

Sup Y'all,

A while back now it was announced that as a part of the Gundam 30th year celebrations, a gigantic 1:1 scale (59ft) model of the original RX-78-2 Gundam is going to be built on Odaiba Island in Japan. It is called the 'Real-G' project. The original concept art had me drooling.
Concept art

Now, a few months later, the project is well underway and it is truly MASSIVE. Why don't I live in Japan? Why God WHY!!!

The massive leg struts



Leg struts with armour

Chest plate

Gundam is also going to be sporting a 'Tokyo 2016' badge on its right shoulder to aid Tokyo in its bid to host the 2016 Olympic games. 'Real G' will be completed mid-July. It already looks awesome. I want one in my garden.Concept models with Olympic logo

@BenGP02 - Follow me on Twitter!

Pictures courtesy of www.akiba-station.com and
www.bouncingredball.com

No comments:

Post a Comment