Tuesday 9 June 2009

Real G - 1:1 scale Gundam RX-78-2 finished

Sup,

Its been a while since I last blogged anything, probably because I've had nothing to blog about. But today is the day, finally, after months of waiting, that the giant 1:1 scale RX-78 Gundam has been completed.

Towering over the island of Obadia in Japan, Gundam reaches a staggering 59feet. I don't know if they'll have a grand unveiling, but eventually its head and arms will move, and mist will pour from the exhaust ports.

For those who don't know, the RX-78-2 Gundam is the original suit from the very first series way back in 1979. The RX-78-2 was piloted by the newtype Amuro Ray. Because of this suit and its pilot, the Earth Federation was able win the famed One Year War against the Principality of Zeon.

For my other post on 'Project Real G' click here.

All pictures are courtesy of dannychoo.com









To enlarge the pictures, just click on them!

For more fantastic, but copyrighted images, mainichi.jp is the place to go.

EDIT: NEW PICTURES - I can't get over the detail...






Follow me on Twitter! @BenGP02

No comments:

Post a Comment