Wednesday 22 April 2009

Apparently it's not a movie, but it is in 2009 :D

Sup,

Today's been pretty cool. We had our first Bruegel rehearsal since god know when, and I found out a few awesome things.

The Bruegel rehearsals, i thought, went really well to say that we hadn't seen each other or even thought about the damn thing since way before easter. Alex decided to live stream bits of the second run through, videos of which you can see here - keep an eye out for Paul running away from Abi, it's genius.

Now even though I'm compleatly broke and can barely afford to eat - infact, forget that - I can't afford to eat properly. Seriously, I'm down to like one meal a day, if i'm lucky. MEGA HUNGRY 24/7. Anyways, even though I have no cash what so ever, this week the sequal to a fantastic 'hack and slash' game is released. That's right folks, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 is out on friday. America saw its release today and my tweetdeck has been buzzin all day with folks shouting about how awesome it is. I can't wait. I loved the first one, I know i'm love this. Shame i'll have to wait untill payday... no Gundam fanatic should be put through this :(







Anyways, placing Gundam to oneside... for now, Fox have released a 3rd and final trailer for X-Men: Origins -Wolverine. I think it looks awesome, but why wouldn't I? I am an X-Men fan. A high-res trailer can be found here.

Ok, back to Gundam. Way back before i'd been born, or even thought of, in 1979 the first Mobile Suit: Gundam TV series was aired in Japan. It was canceled before its mammoth 50 episode run finished. The series was cut down to make three movies a few years later. Now, 18 series, 14 movies, a silly amount of graphic novels and thousands of model kits later we find ourselves in 2009 celebrating the 30th aniversary of MS:Gundam.
Because of this, the folks at Bandai have decided to do something special to celebrate. Already this year we've seen the epic ending to Gundam 00 the latest seires, a PS3 exclusive game for autum, and an 18 meter life size Statue of the original Gundam to be erected in Tokyo have been anounced.
2 weeks ago, a Bandai press conferance held in Spain announced that a movie based on the 'more than awesome' Gundam Unicorn graphic novel series was being 'discused'. Today we got confirmation. ZOMGSPLOSION!!!!!
However the Gundam Unicorn movie will not be a movie. It will either be a fully fledged 50 episode epic, like Zeta, First or Victory, or a shorter OVA series such as 0080: War in the Pocket or 0083: Stardust Memory.

Am I psyched? Yes, yes I am.

BenGP02

No comments:

Post a Comment