Sunday 19 April 2009

Performance and geek realisation

Sup y'all,

Well, i've spent the first half of my day trying to figure out just what exactly a performance portfolio is. Then i spent the second half trying to put one together.

Why am I doing this? It's because on Tuesday i've got an interview for a job with the Manchaester performing arts company 'Panda'. I've applied for the possition of 'incubated producer'. Simply put, if I get the job I get to work with and learn from profesional producers while they assist proffesional theatre companies and artists. Really hoping I impress them, I'd love the job. Would be awesome.

Well, I finally managed to throw together some form of portfolio. Consisting of photos from shows i've recently been in, scripts and monologues i've written, and a dvd with a couple of scenes from the show 'We Will Rock You', which I performed in last year with Stage84 at the Bradford Alhambra theatre. I played two parts during the week, Pop and Galileo. In these clips I'm playing Galileo, the lead. It was awesome. The video below should of uploaded, but click here to see a different clip on youtube.



Anyways, I'm watching American Dad right now and Roger (the alien) just started doing a Kevin Bacon 'Footloose' montage. Comedy genius.

Also, I woke up and finally realised what people have been telling me for years. I am a geek and an anime junkie. Seriously, I didn't realise how mental it was untill today. And while i'm on the subject, new 'Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen' footage. Looks awesome. Can't wait. And @Documentally, this is just for you... it's the only G-Force stuff i've got.

Well, off to bed,

Follow me at BenGP02

No comments:

Post a Comment