Monday 20 April 2009

Asda, Star Trek, and Spinal Tap

Sup,

Well today was kind of exciting. For starters when I woke up this morning I wasn't sure if I had to go to work. I knew I was doing overtime at some point this week but hadn't put it in my diary (i have the worst memory ever, if i don't write it down then i'm doomed). Asda is a depressing place, even more so when you work there... on the checkouts. Anyways, I rang up and ZOMG!!! No checkouts for Benjamino!! Smiles all round. Super good start to the day.

A stop off at the bank and a quick trip to the laundret saw me back at home staring at the looming pile of essays I've still got to do... so what did I do? I hit the xbox for a few hours.

Then something happened in the Twitterverse that I found super awesome. @sizemore tweets that he and @danlight are being the moderators for the live streaming of a Star Trek Q&A session with non other the legendary director JJ.Abrams (Lost, Cloverfield), Chris Pine (Smokin' Aces) who plays Cpt. James T Kirk, and Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heros) who plays Spock, in the new Star Trek film. AWESOME!!!! I felt like I was helping make a tiny bit of Star Trek's gigantasaurus history.



Even though the whole thing was being held virtually in Playstationhome, I was able to view the discusion via Ustream and ask questions through @sizemore via Twitter. Yes, this has been the highlight of my day. @sizemore says he'll let me know when a recording/ podcast/ audio version of the Q&A is avalible so I can stick it on here if your interested. Watch the trailer above and you'll see why i'm excited about seeing this film. It looks mental. Here's a link to @sizemore's site where he has written a good, spoilerless, review of the movie.

Anyhoo, I'm going to finish watching Spinal Tap... again... and then do some work on my script. You know, Spinal Tap is one of the few films that I can keep finding funny everytime I watch it. God bless Christopher Guest.
I'm gonna post the first couple of scenes from my play up for you to have a read off, I'd like some feedback.

BenGP02

No comments:

Post a Comment